Saturday, April 16, 2005

My triumphant return...

Guess who's bizzack? I've got the crack off my clothes and I'm making my triumphant return to the blogging community. My semester long hiatus can be attributed to many things, but mainly the grueling scheduled I was saddled with at the DA. It was, without a doubt, the semester from hell. And even those directly around me (my sports staff, my roommates, my family, etc.) have no idea the amount of pressure and stress I was under for the past four months. That job is vastly underpaid, that's all I can say. It is very difficult, and I had been doing it for nearly three years. This week, however, I turn in my pen, pad and tape recorder and walk away from the game. Perhaps I'm a little past my prime, but my guys and the experiences I had this semester were well worth a lifetime of ragging about mayonnaise.

Today has been enjoyable thus far, although I'm bummed about not making the concert tonight. Concerts are definitely one of my favorites things, and its been a while. TJT and SoCo seem to be dodging the Pittsburgh area, and I didnt get to catch the Clarks a couple months back in Mo'Town.

The spring game was so-so. We look very inconsistent on offense. The quarterbacks still have light years to go, and we were missing 3/5's of our starting offensive line, not to mention Jason Colson, Brandon Myles, and all the freshman and props we'll have in the fall. My prediction is still 7-4, but I'm starting to waver on Dwayne Thompson starting under center. But, I was never solid on him, either. I'll hold out hope for House.

We just had the first Home Run Derby of the spring. I blew it. I cranked 6 out of the cozy confines of Marilla Park Field in the first round alone, but then tailed off with 3 and 0 in the final two rounds. Tassa's streak went the other way, hitting 1, then 5, then a derby record 8 in round 3 to take the title. Damnit. Drew and Davey also competed. Drew hit just 2 in three rounds, but that's probably cause Coach didn't wear a cup. Davey hit 1, but made up for it with a backhanded no-look scoop to start a 4-6-3 double play. The day was good cause we only left with 2 out of about 20 balls, but bad cause no one hit the Anker Energy sign.

That's all for now. Thanks for allowing me to return.

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger npoc said...

we waited 5 months for that!?!?!??!?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home