Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Ramblings...

Damn, time is flying by so fast right now. I logged into my blog account to sit down and spill a few thoughts, and it said my last update was Oct. 24. Crazy. It seems like the days go by three times as fast anymore. My birthday is already two weeks passed. Ah well.

If time is going by fast, that means that graduation is approaching even more quickly. I am the spring semester and the summer away from completing coursework, and in the fall I will student teach. Then I shall have my master's, and can do whatever I want from there. It looks like Lauren will attempt grad. school as well, and she's a fool if she doesn't. In 4 1/2 years, she can have a bachelor's and master's. She's awesome. I hope she does it...and we'll really be on the right track together.

So, the election is wrapped up. Everyone knows my vote rested with Kerry, and while I am disappointed, its not the end of the world. My good friend Drew pointed out to me that the president doesn't dictate how a person can change the world on his or her own. Tremendous statement. Our country will be okay. It may not be now, or two years, or five years...but it will be fine.

I really miss Lauren already. She's in Nashville until Sunday. Hopefully she's having a great time.

We've been playing cards a lot lately. The latest big winner was Nick Tolomeo, who took us for 100 bucks the other night. We had 10 people, and the 4 sportswriters there lasted until the final four. I went away with 4th place. I absolutely love playing. It's so relaxing and, while it takes a while sometimes, it's a great chance to just be around people without a care in the world.

This past weekend, Lauren and I went to NJ for the Rutgers game. It was my first chance to be a sports photographer. So I traded my pen and pad for a digital camera and went to town. It was a blast. Much better than I anticipated. After the game, Lauren and I drove to her Aunt & Uncle's house in South Jersey. It was an 11-bedroom abode. Beautiful. We capped the weekend off by rolling into Morgantown and enjoying each other's company. We spent somewhere around 20 hours in a car together over the weekend, and I've never been more certain that she's the person I'm destined to be with.

That's all for now. Thanks to everyone who didnt give me a rough time for Kerry losing. Please come together and make our country better.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home