Monday, June 06, 2005

Ramblings...

On Greg's blog, he rants about not having hot water, so I'll do the same. It's awful. The only thing that makes it slightly bearable is the fact that its 115 degrees in my bedroom throughout the day, so I can escape to the shower to rinse the perspiration off. Screw Dominion Hope - and the horse they rode in on.

Nothing else exciting going on. Just watching a lot of baseball (scouting players). This week's feature player is Dallas McPherson, who happens to reside on my fantasy team. I have to say, I've never been more impressed with a first-time viewing of a player. He's better than advertised, although he only went 1-for-4 in the game I saw. He hit two balls to the warning track at Fenway (he's a lefthanded pull hitter). This kid will hit 25-30 homers this year with 4 months left, and maybe 40 next year.

He follows up the scouting of Daniel Cabrera last week - also against the Sox. This kid is incredible, and I got him for nothing in my free agent pool a couple weeks back. Here, check the rave reviews on this stud:

"You will not find another pitcher in baseball whose stuff is better than Cabrera’s." MLB.com

"He did not walk anyone on Sunday. His upside potential in keeper leagues is immeasurable." SportingNews.com

"The club considers him to be a potential No. 1 starter, as does everyone else who gets to witness the 24-year-old's electric stuff." ESPN.com

"Cabrera's progression is remarkable for someone who is literally learning the game as he's pitching in the majors." ESPN.com

The Chuck McGill Scouting Tour continues Friday and Saturday when I travel to PNC Park to watch the Devil Rays. On Saturday, pitching phenom Scott Kazmir will take the hill on six days rest. Bossman Junior won't be making an appearance to rub it in the faces of Buccos fans and management for not picking him (and picking Bryan Bullington), but it will still be a good time. Let me know if you want to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home