Sunday, May 22, 2005

Being poor sucks

I wish I was poor. That's how poor I am right now. It's not like I'm poor and have the world handed to me on a silver platter - like many of my fellow students. It's not like I'm poor and don't work my ass off to support myself. I'm just poor and May is the toughest month of the year, where I make the transition from the school year into summer and the funds just dry up. Then I spend the rest of the summer trying to dig myself out of the financial hole that I find myself neck deep in. Yea, it's depressing, and it sucks. Bring on the summer!

I'm finally moved into the new crib. It's off the hizzle. Come by 514 Cobun Avenue anytime and we can play scrabble or talk about politics or some fly shit like that.

Working midnights has come around again. It's currently 6 a.m. and I have two more hours before I leave this god forsaken place and plunge myself into a web of cold blankets and drift into a peaceful slumber for the duration of the day. It's wonderful.

But the do-nothing shifts that consume my summer workload gives me the chance to catch up on some must-see TV, and not that Reba McIntyre or American Idol crap. I just watched the first eight episodes of Scrubs, Season I, and I must say I'm completely blown away.

The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Family Guy, Friends, Cheers, etc., - some of my personal favorites - none of their first seasons compare to Scrubs. John McGinley is awesome, and the rest of the writing and acting is superb. I can't wait to own all the seasons on DVD. To anyone that knows me, putting this ahead of the debuts of the Simpsons and Family Guy is a real tribute, so take the recommendation and plog the $30 on the DVD.

On that note, remember that Tuesday is the release of Season 2 of the Chappelle's Show. He may be off in S. Africa tending to his mental and spiritual crisis, but that doesn't mean that Wayne Brady and Co. can't take over in 48 hours.

Hopefully Chappelle can come back and complete season 3 before its too late. Comedy Central is already saying that its too late to ever have season 3, but I think that was just a scare tactic on Chappelle. He shot 5 episodes without the in-studio footage - so its not unthinkable that he can come back and complete the rest. Chappelle says Comedy Central had a problem with how far he was pushing the show's content - which to me - is the most unbelievable thing I've ever heard. 1 - how can Chappelle go any further than a blind white supremist and profiling a white mid 50s family named the Niggers, and 2 - why is Comedy Central even considering Dave's content? The man is a genius - let him do his thing.

Peace out, homies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home