Wednesday, December 07, 2005

BC-YES!

As you should already know, WVU is headed to the Sugar Bowl, one of the four bowls included in the BCS. I think the BCS did a perfect job this year, and the season-long playoff has established three quality games, plus one of the best on-paper national championship games of all time.

The BCS just keeps working, year in and year out. Don't believe me? Look back at the Ohio State/Miami game. Never would've happened under the old system. This year, USC would be playing Penn State in the Rose Bowl, while Texas played in another bowl, against another opponent, with the chance that both the Trojans and 'Horns would finish the season unbeaten. Now THAT'S a shitty scenario.

I know that everyone's dream scenario is a playoff, and I agree that it would be off-the-charts in terms of entertainment value, but what we have isn't all that bad.

*Just as a side note, I love the Oregon Ducks. Always have, always will. But they didn't get the shit end of the stick by not getting picked by the BCS. They were 10-1 to Ohio State and Notre Dame's 9-2, but the Ducks also played teams like I-AA Montana. Replace the Grizzlies with a legitimate IA threat, and then they can prove they belong with the Buckeyes and Irish. It was their choice, and it bit them in the ass.

*I'm in my final days at Albert Gallatin High School, and I will officially graduate this weekend with a Master's degree in Education. Seriously. It's been one helluva ride, and I will be looking back on my 13 semesters at WVU in the coming days.

Don't care? Well, then...damnit. That's it, just damnit. That's all I got.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home