Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Return: Part VIII

I'm back. Seriously. This is the last time I'll be back, because I'm not going away anymore.

For those out of the loop, I've been strapped by the rigors of student teaching for the past few months. All in all, it's been a blast. It's very tiring, and a not-so-pleasant introduction to life in the real world. I've been without income for over three months now, and I'm finally forced to tapping into other sources for assistance.

Right now, I'm teaching at Albert Gallatin High School in Uniontown, Pa. I teach 10th grade World Cultures. Generally, I enjoy it. I miss my sixth grade kids a great deal, though.

No job prospects on the horizon just yet. If your interested in any other information, float me an instant message.

*This has the potential to be one of the greatest weeks in Mountaineer sports history. It doesn't even have to be a week chock full of victories to achieve this, but four major victories in a span of six days wouldn't be shabby either. Here's the schedule:

Monday: WVU men's basketball faces No. 2 Texas (ESPN2, 7 p.m.)
Tuesday: Regardless of Monday's outcome, WVU will face either Kentucky or Iowa. Both teams are ranked.
Thursday: WVU football faces Pittsburgh on national television, under the lights, on Thanksgiving. The Brawl will likely take place in the snow. Fan-freakin'-tastic.
Saturday: WVU hosts LSU in basketball. It will be a jam-packed Coliseum for the Mountaineers' biggest non-conference home matchup in years.

By the way, I think West Virginia will upset No. 2 Texas in the Guardian's Classic, 77-72.

*Most WVU sports fans are also aware of the Jason Gwaltney situation. DaGwaltz is likely done for the 2005 season due to a myriad of problems, ranging from a bum knee to poor academics. Personally, I think JG will still meet expectations in the Gold and Blue, but there are whispers that he's had his last carry at WVU.

Remember, this is second-hand information, but apparently Gwaltney will bolt after the bowl game, sit out the 2006-07 academic year, then return as a sophomore in 2007-08 for another school. The potential suitors? Hated WVU rivals Virginia Tech, Maryland and Boston College could be in the mix.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing it along.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might shoot the messenger's cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home