Thursday, July 13, 2006

Public Courts winless streak continues...

At this point, I would love to be on the same level as WVU's infamous bowl streak. At least then, I could have accomplished something before the loss set in.

In my return to the Public Courts, I bowed out in singles and doubles without notching a single victory. Sure, my partner (Sarah Bowlin, pictured here with me) and I advanced to the quarterfinals of the Open Mixed Doubles division, but that was only after the 4th-seeded duo of John Oxley and Anna Cerrato failed to show up.

That enabled Team Bowlin-McGill to face a pair of recent St. Albans graduates. The result was an unexpected, straight-sets sweep, 6-4, 6-2.

In singles play Saturday, Andy Travis defeated me, 6-3, 6-1. I felt like it was closer than the score indicated, but that doesn't really matter, does it? My serve was still erratic, and I was very passive with my groundstrokes, but I feel like I can win a lot in the coming months.

I plan on playing in two more tournaments this month, one in Parkersburg, and the other in Charles Town. I'm anxious to continue playing and elevating my game, and hopefully returning to Men's Open singles next year.



For more shameless self-promotion, check out the story by me, on me, below:

Charleston Daily Mail: Chuck McGill column

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home